Brisbane Child Psychologists
Our psychologists specialise in counselling children and teens.
Our psychologists provide counselling for the treatment of:
- anxiety (separation anxiety, generalised anxiety, social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and specific phobias)
- low mood, including depression
- excessive anger (e.g. excessive tantrums, meltdowns, self-harm)
- coping when parents separate or divorce
- coping with illness or death
- autism spectrum disorders and secondary problems that stem from ASD (e.g. anxiety, meltdowns, social skill deficits).
- sleep problems
- learning difficulties (e.g. dyslexia, dyspraxia)
- school refusal, bullying and friendship difficulties
- attention deficit disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- toileting difficulties
In addition to counselling, we can also complete assessments for learning disorders, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorder, using relevant assessment tools and clinical observations.
Where possible, we like to involve your child’s support team in treatment – like your family, school, friends and community.